(Greece Permanent Residence Permit and Schengen Visa to non-EU Nationals with the purchase of Property with minimum value 250,000 euros)
The Greece permanent residence permit program enables an entire non-EU family, including dependent children up to age 24 and the parents of both spouses, to obtain permanent residency status in Greece within just 3 months (in some areas it takes less time) with a real estate investment of just €250,000. It is the most competitive permanent residency scheme in Europe.
Permanent residency in Greece enables visa-free travel to all countries of the Schengen zone, for up to 90 days in each 6 months period. It also offers an insurance policy for the future ensuring you always have a second place to call home. Recent legislation changes now enable PR holders to apply for Greece (EU) citizenship as well.
"Permanent residency offers your family the freedom to live freely in the EU and to travel with ease, it provides access to excellent education and health care, or simply offers an insurance policy for an uncertain future."
- Includes dependent children up to age 24 (initially the age of a child shouldn't exceed 21, then s/he can extend till the 24th year of age)
- Includes the parents of both spouses
- 3-month processing time (in some areas it takes less time, i.e. Chania, Crete in 10 days)
- Gives the right to apply for EU citizenship
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen zone
Permanent residency status means that your family has the right to live freely in Greece or continue to live in your home country and use the permit whenever you need it. Greece is a superb base for traveling throughout Europe with its excellent flight connections to Europe and the rest of the world. Additionally, it offers a high quality of life, including modern medical facilities, shopping, natural beauty, sports, cultural events, a warm climate, and many private schools and universities with English as a teaching language. As a PR holder, you are able to enjoy the same health and education rights as Greek nationals.
The residency permit applies to the investor, their spouse, unmarried dependent children up to age 24 and the dependent parents of both spouses. The permit is permanent as long as the buyer keeps possession and is renewed every 5 years by presenting to the authority the title deed of the property. Obtaining permanent residency and eventually, EU citizenship offers a legacy to your and later your children’s families.
The Greece program requires a real estate investment of €250,000 (net of vat). The investment can be made in land, off-plan, new or resale properties as long as the minimum value is met. Investors have the right to sell the property before the expiration of 5 years to another foreign citizen, who can also apply for permanent residency, however, the original investor must forfeit his permit to do so.
- In cases of joint ownership, where the value of the property is €250.000, the residence permit is only granted if the owners are spouses with undivided ownership of the property. In all other cases of joint ownership, the residence permit is only granted if the amount invested by each of the joint owners is at least €250.000.
- If the owner has acquired the property through a legal entity, the applicant must own 100% of the company shares.
- Either single or multiple properties with a combined value exceeding €250,000 are applicable.
Permanent residents have the right to apply for Greek citizenship after living in Greece for 7 years, in accordance with legal provisions. Their children may apply if:
- they attend any Greek school for 9 years, or
- they attend a Greek secondary school for 6 years, or
- they attend a Greek University.
An EU citizen is free to live, work, travel, receive healthcare or pursue education anywhere within the EU, including the UK. In fact, travel benefits extend way beyond Europe with Greek passport holders being able to travel visa-free to an extensive list of countries.
EASY PROCESS TO OBTAIN THE GREECE PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT(PR)
STEP ONE: ISSUE ENTRY VISA and VISIT GREECE TO FIND THE RIGHT PROPERTY
STEP TWO: PURCHASE PROPERTY AND SIGNING THE SALES AGREEMENT (and any power of attorney documents if needed)
STEP THREE: FILING DOCUMENTS FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT (through our independent Lawyers)
- A valid copy of passport.
- 3 recent color photographs.
- Copy of the final sales contract of property or properties with a minimum value of €250,000.
- Transfer Certificate (of title deed) from the Land Registry.
- Residence Permit Application: €2.000 per adult person.
- For the Applicant’s family members (spouse, children): additional recent certificate of marital status, translated and stamped APOSTILE, proving the relationship.
The Applicant can sign the final sales contract and submit the application of RP through a power of attorney.
BUYERS EXPENSES AND OTHER FEES
1) Expenses – fees for contracts:
Transfer of Title Deed:
- For properties with a building permit issued until 31.12.2005: 3% of contract price.
- For properties with a building permit issued after 31.12.2005 AND BUYING DIERCATLY FROM THE DEVELOPER ,instead of the transfer of title deed fee, there is a payment of VAT 24%.
Expenses - Notary fees: 1.5%
Expenses - Lawyers' fees: 1.24%
Registration of Title Deed: 0.5% - 0.7%
2) Permanent Residence Application – Lawyer’s fee: we have negotiated special fees for our clients through independent Lawyers to handle the whole PR process, as follows:
- One Buyer: € 1.000
- One Buyer with a spouse and one child: € 1.500
- One Buyer with spouse and 2 children or more: € 2.000
Plus: Medical Insurance, depending on age the medical insurance fee varies.
* Translation of documents if needed, €100 per page.
For further information, please contact us.